Wednesday 19 March 2014

The New BMW 7 Series

How many of you have been graced with this cars presence? Some of us, like myself have always been enamored with the undeniable luxury of the Bavarian Motor Works…aka the BMW or the Baby Boomers would refer to it as the Beamer! In 2002, BMW introduced to us the new 7 series, the 745i and 745 li. I have to say when I first laid my eyes on this new body style; it was not love at first sight. It was more of a squirmy feeling in my stomach. I was and always will be a big fan of the body style from 1996 to 2001, I said to myself how could BMW improve on their perfection of class and sophistication. What can I say though; the car has grown on me. Now having said all of that, I absolutely have to say that BMW has outdone themselves with this beauty. BMW has gone beyond the call to satisfy the demands of the discerning driver with respect to the way the car drives, looks and most importantly retains its resale value. I am not here today to list all of the awesome options this car has or to plug the car for the manufacturer, I just felt like bringing this model to your attention, since I am a big fan of this technologically advanced shiny piece of metal. Consumers should be informed that anytime a manufacturer releases a new body style it will usually take about a year to work out the kinks. I would not be one of those shoppers trampling all over people to buy in the first year of a new body style of any car. I suggest waiting until the second year of a new body style to purchase and you will be much happier with the results.

Question: Sent in by Anthony Cool. I am shopping for a Jeep Grand Cherokee right now. Which four-wheel drive transmission would you rather have the Quadra-trac or the Select-trac?
Answer: Okay Mr. Cool…is that really your last name. If so, I have to say that is cool! To your question, I can only tell you what I prefer. The Quadra-trac transmission means the Jeep is in four wheel drive all of the time so you are not going to get as good of gas mileage. The Select-trac has the option of two wheel and four wheel drive. I like to save my pennies when it comes to my fuel consumption, so I am more apt to buy the Select-trac. I have owned both types and they both handle very well in challenging conditions.

Question: Sent in by Cindy Fitzsimmons. My cigarette lighter is not working in order to charge my cell phone.
Answer: This could be a couple of things, first of all try checking and replacing the fuse wired to that particular part of your car. Refer to the owner’s manual to find the location of your fuses. Secondly, it may be the housing behind your outlet; if so have your local mechanic look at it. This whole job should not be very costly so do not let someone overcharge you the equivalent of your house payment.

Barbara Terry

For more blog visit - barbaraterry.com/cararticles.html

No comments:

Post a Comment